ART VANCOUVER is returning to the Vancouver Convention Centre for its 6th edition between April 16th and April 19th, and we are looking for emerging artists to enter our competition for the chance to exhibit a piece of your artwork at our international art fair.
We are choosing 20 winners to exhibit for our 2020 Climate Change Instagram Contest. This year's theme is Climate Art. Global warming is the consequence of our modern society’s lifestyle. The contest is an opportunity to create an art piece that brings awareness to our society's carbon footprint. We encourage you to use reusable objects or any sustainable materials on the canvas. For further details on how to participate please see the information below:
- On Canvas, create an 8in x 8in (20,32cm x 20,32cm) artwork on the theme Climate Art.
- Also, include the title of your work and a very brief explanation connecting the artwork to the theme (20-50 words max) in the caption.
- Send an email to Bea (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name and Instagram handle (@xxxx) - note that if the email does not have this information is not possible to find your post and therefore, enter the competition.
- ART VANCOUVER will pick 20 winners.
-1 lucky overall winner will receive 2 Opening Night passes to our opening night for ART VANCOUVER 2020. The winner will also have a post on our Instagram after the fair.
- All 20 winners will receive 2 x Multi-day passes.
1) Entrants must be classified as emerging artists (age 15 and over), and be able to deliver or to ship their submission to 570 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6C 3P1. The shipment must include a self-addressed stamped envelope so we are able to ship the artwork back to you after the event. Note we do not accept artworks for donations.
2) There is no limit on the number of entries per artist.
3)Artworks must be on 8in x 8in (20,32cm x 20,32cm) canvas. We will accept photos, printed arts, and collages but they must follow the canvas frame dimensions criteria. We do not accept sculptures or any work outside these dimensions.
4) The piece must link to the theme of Climate Art.
5) Deadline: 5 pm on Sunday, March 22nd, 2020.
6) Our selection committee will choose 20 submissions to exhibit at ART VANCOUVER 2020.
7) A notification via email will be sent to the artists selected by on Wednesday, April 1st, 2020.
8) Shortlisted artists must be available to drop off/ship their artwork to our Downtown Vancouver Office before Friday, April 10th, 2020.
Opus Exhibition Deep Canvas:
- Size 8x8” (20,32 x 20,32cm)
- 1 ½’’ (3,81cm) deep basswood stretcher bars
- Back-wrapped and stapled
- D rings on both sides 1” (2,54cm) in the frame and wire
- If you are currently outside Canada or do not have an Opus Store nearby, the artwork will be accepted if the canvas follows the dimensions from the Opus Exhibition Deep Canvas model.
For more information about ART VANCOUVER 2020 please visit www.artvancouver.net
For further information about the contest please email Bea - email@example.com